Brain Play - Limited-Time Exhibit
Visit Brain Play, a limited-time, hands-on exhibit for children of all ages! The exhibit features a number of hands-on activities for children including:
- STEM Play: Preschoolers to late-elementary aged children can build, test and tinker with Magna-Tiles, Squishy Circuits, and a variety of building toys, including a LEGO wall.
- Virtual Reality area: The whole family can interact with Arctic animals in a virtual reality experience.
- Learning Log: Kids can crawl through an over-sized log with real-life animals, including a Tomato Frog, Marine Toad, Pancake Tortoise, and Tarantula.
- Imagination Playground: Preschoolers and elementary school-aged children can build, destroy, and start all over again with over-sized foam blocks.
- Pretend Play: Toddlers and preschoolers can role play in a Little Tikes neighborhood with play houses and cars with related accessories.
- Music area: Children of all ages can experiment with steel drums, guitar, floor keyboard, and various percussion instruments including maracas, xylophones, and shakers.
- Physical Play: Children can get active with a kid-sized (and safe) slackline and over-sized bowling set.
- Reading Area: All children will enjoy a reading nook with kid-sized tents, books and seating.
- Infant/Early Toddler Area: The Zoo’s youngest visitors can explore age-appropriate books, bouncing toys, and gross motor activities for very young children.
Cost: Free for Zoo members; $3 per person for non-members, plus Zoo admission.
Open daily: Mon. - Sat. 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. in the Delbridge Museum of Natural History.
This is a recurring event.