What can we do for you?
Our team is made up of friendly, enthusiastic professionals committed to making your event the best ever. We offer all-encompassing service for your group's needs and are here to help you at every step along the way.
What is the cost of using the CVB?
The CVB service is free to event and meeting planners and visitors. A minimal cost is associated with our servicing options. Please go to the servicing portion of the website for further information.
What does the CVB do?
The Sioux Falls CVB (Convention & Visitors Bureau) acts as an unbiased key to the city. We assist visitors and meeting & event planners like you to showcase what Sioux Falls can offer.
We do more than just book your convention space. We also do:
- Site selection and inspection
- Event and itinerary assistance
- Accommodation bids and arrangements
- Vendor contacts
- Professional registration assistance
- Promotional materials
- Preparation assistance
- Room block establishment for hotels
Most importantly, the CVB serves as the official point of contact for meeting & event planners. Planning professionals have access to a range of services and value-added extras through the bureau.
What are some of the more specific services we can offer?
- Unbiased information about services and facilities in Sioux Falls
- Serve as a vast information database and a one-stop shop
- Act as a liaison between the planner and the community
- Help attendees maximize their free time through the creation of pre- and post-conference activities
- Provide hotel room counts and meeting space statistics
- Match properties to specific meeting/event requirements and budgets
Other services provided from CVB's to planners include:
- Help with on-site logistics, including registration and name badges
- Auxiliary services, such as production companies, catering and transportation
- Assistance with press releases and media assistance
- Site selection and site inspections/familiarization tours
- Housing bureau
- Speakers and entertainment opportunities
- Tours and city information
- Access to special venues
How does a CVB differ from a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce focuses on improving the local economy by attracting new businesses to the city while promoting and supporting the existing businesses that are already members of the Chamber. The Convention and Visitors Bureau focuses on boosting the local economy by bringing tourism and meeting/convention business into the city while marketing and supporting the local hotels and meeting facilities.
We're happy to help. Just give us a call at 605.275.6060 or 800.333.2072, or contact us online.